Monday, January 20, 2014

CELEBRITY GIST: "IT HURTS WHEN I READ INSULTING COMMENTS ABOUT MYSELF"- HALIMA ABUBAKAR

Posted by Ozgist




CELEBRITY GIST:
Nollywood actress Halima Abubakar in a recent interview with The Netng confessed that she gets hurt when anonymously abused on the Internet.



She said,

"That's like physical bullying. Online, they are invisible. I believe if you have a problem with me, you should approach me. But if you go online and comment as anonymous or use a strange name, you are still bringing yourself down. Yes, you would make me feel sad, but the damage will not be permanent, but temporary until I am strong enough not to read those comments again."
According to the actress, she has been reading blogs for the past 5 years, however, she never comments. And every time she feels pushed to insult someone online, she tells herself that they would always remain anonymous while she will stay relevant.
"And so, I bear most of the insults and try not to be bothered about them. It was not easy. I was depressed for a long time because of things like that. I just felt that people didn't like me...They don't even know me and they are saying this and that. Before, I will cry and cry and get depressed."
Halima says that now she doesn't worry about such things any more, noting that those people, who write insulting comments about her, do not know her story.

No comments:

Post a Comment